From James Kunstler:
- Restructure the banks. This should include the breakup of Bank of America, Citigroup, Wells Fargo, and Ally. It should also include the repeal of the Federal Reserve Act and the dissolution of all Federal Reserve Banks. Put the control of the money supply back under the Department of the Treasury where it belongs.
- Reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act. The Glass-Steagall Act prohibited banks from getting involved in the insurance and securities markets. The reason why the Act was passed was because banks engaged in these activities in the 1920s and such actions contributed to the crash of the stock market and the Great Depression. Once Citibank and Traveler’s Insurance merged in 1999, the Act was effectively repealed. And you should know that the merger of those two entities was illegal at the time it was done. When asked about this illegal act, the CEO of Citibank stated that they “would just get the law changed” and it was 6 months later, ex post facto prohibition be damned.
- Disassemble the ridiculous “security” edifice under the NSA. This whole entity is illegal according to the laws of the United States.
- Upgrade the US electric grid.
- Close down most of our military bases overseas (and some of our bases in the USA). This would have the added benefits of (1) reducing the spending of the federal government and (2) restoring President Washington’s admonition to avoid getting involved in the internal matters of other nations. It would also reduce the threat of terrorism against Americans.
- Draw up a constitutional amendment re-defining the alleged “personhood” of corporations. That’s right. According to the Supreme Court, corporations are people too.
- Fix the passenger railroad system to prepare for the end of Happy Motoring.
- Rebuild Main Street commerce to prepare for the death of WalMart and things like it.
- Outlaw GMO foods and promote local food production.
- Shut down casino gambling.